There is lots going on this weekend in Connecticut, from a celebrity performance to an awesome community theater production, a beer fest, a swing music concert and a collection of outdoor family events.
The popular Little Pond trail at White Memorial in Litchfield is not the most intriguing trail—or the most mysterious. That's the one with the canal and the ruins of industrial age piers leading to Bantam Lake.
Blossom festivals in Meriden and New Haven, carload weekend at Quassy Amusement Park and an Iron Chef cooking competition in New Haven are just three great options this weekend.
Off the Beaten Path Travel: Brains in Jars, Human Monstrosity at Yale (and Shopping, Dining in New Haven)
Descend two flights of stairs to the subterranean basement of Yale’s Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library and you will stumble upon something truly unexpected—and eerie. Jars of brains line the shelves ...
The blue-eyed Danbury soul singer has launched a crowd funding campaign to release his newest album.
About This Blog
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- Arts & Entertainment (337)
- Weekend Best Bets: Jay Leno, Thread City Hop Fest, Music in Mystic and More | Comments
- Off the Beaten Path: Trail With Mysterious Ruins, Canal to Bantam Lake | Comments
- Weekend Best Bets: Iron Chef Elm City, Blossom Fests, Quassy Carloads … | Comments
- Off the Beaten Path Travel: Brains in Jars, Human Monstrosity at Yale (and Shopping, Dining in New Haven) | Comments
- From Ruling Pop Charts to Being Homeless, Grayson Hugh Has Seen It All | Comments
- Weekend Best Bets: Lee Ann Womack, Thomas the Tank Engine, Dinosaur Train … | Comments
- Icy Sunset Jazz & Art Exhibition Brings Diverse Night of Music to Hartford | Comments
- Pollan Women Bring Stories and Recipes from New Cookbook to Litchfield | Comments
- 10 Great Places to Take the Kids on Spring Break 2015 in Connecticut | Comments
- Weekend Best Bets: HSO's 'Sleeping Beauty,' '1984' and Taste of Wethersfield | Comments