The Pleasant Valley Drive In, what appears to be a large lawn facing an expansive white screen near the Farmington River, has been a Barkhamsted staple since 1947.
Live Bands, Connecticut Radio Stations, Team Up for Woofstock in Branford Saturday, to Help Dogs, of Course
The Branford Green is going to the dogs Saturday — as well as cats and the other furry homeless creatures that the town’s Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter cares for — when the inaugural Woofstock takes over from noon to 8 p.m.
Oprah Book Club favorite “She’s Come Undone,” by Connecticut novelist and prison workshop leader Wally Lamb, is back on the shelves at the Niantic jail following a public outcry on social media.
Westport Country Playhouse is taking on Noël Coward’s “A Song at Twilight,” some racy Ibsen, a comedy by Playhouse favorite Alan Ayckbourn and a yet-to-be-named surprise to be directed by the theater's very talented guiding force, Artistic Director Mark Lamos. The season announcement release follows: The Westport Country Playhouse announces its 2014 season of five productions, from acclaimed playwrights Noël Coward, Ingmar Bergman, Alan Ayckbourn, and Lynn Nottage, playing next year from April through October. Under the artistic direction of Mark Lamos, 2014 will mark the Connecticut professional theater’s 84th season. “It’s a season that will be rich and enriching,” said Lamos. “A rich variety of offerings, each...
In a TV era partial to introducing new unsung talent to the wide world through such shows as “The Voice,” “American Idol” and “The X-Factor,” 19-year-old Sarah Barrios of Torrington is a fresh young performer who seems to be poised on the verge of a breakthrough.
About This Blog
- Arts & Entertainment (129)
- Violin Virtuoso Sirena Huang to Play Sibelius With Hartford Symphony; We're Thinking Epiphany | Comments
- Connecticut's 'Christmas Town' Tree Lighting; Bethlehem Festival Starts Friday | Comments
- Tom Rush, 1960s Godfather of New England Folk Music, Comes to StageOne in Fairfield Dec. 8 | Comments
- Can Governor, Mark Twain Outglow Greenwich, Woodbury, Suffield, Fairfield With Holiday Houses? | Comments
- This Season, Hartford's TheaterWorks Gives Us Christmas Cheer with a Shot of Wry | Comments
- Holiday Lights at Lake Compounce in Bristol: Dazzling Seasonal Festivities | Comments
- Civil Rights Activist's African Art Collection Comes to Yale Museum | Comments
- Canaan Photographer Zetterstrom Shows 80's Images of China at Wesleyan | Comments
- The Daily Show's Jon Stewart Declares Supremacy of NYC Pizza | Comments
- Connecticut Shoreline Arts Trail Weekend: 34 Studios, 47 Artists, Shopping, Dining Discounts ... | Comments