While awaiting the major motion picture of her novel "The Good House," the New Milford author makes several local appearances to promote the paperback (we hope she throws in some banjo on the side). And yes, there's another novel on the way.
Nights at the Beekley Music Series, a concert series at the Licia & Mason Beekley Community Library in the center of New Hartford, has spent the last six years building a reputation as a music venue that specializes in singer/songwriters you probably haven’t heard of but should be checking out.
Conductor James Conlon leads the Philharmonia of Yale in a tour-de-force performance on Oct. 18.
Posted at 01:23 PM | Permalink
Dolls! Dolls! Dolls! All Cultures and Time Periods Converge at "Dolls: No Ordinary Playthings," on View at Bristol's New England Carousel Museum
See all your favorites, from Victorian fashion dolls to Raggedy Ann and Andy.
This month, Chris Wuerth of Hamden marks his 40th concert with bluegrass royalty—Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, performing Oct. 26
About This Blog
- Arts & Entertainment (133)
- Ben Taylor Plays Connecticut; Tells Us Carly Simon Grooved on 'Thriller' | Comments
- Historic Shubert Theater in New Haven Has Ambitious New Owner | Comments
- 'Wendell Minor's America' at Norman Rockwell Museum: Glorious Images from Children's Literature | Comments
- The World According to Greenwich Artist Kees de Waal, 90, in Norwalk Exhibit | Comments
- Violin Virtuoso Sirena Huang to Play Sibelius With Hartford Symphony; We're Thinking Epiphany | Comments
- Connecticut's 'Christmas Town' Tree Lighting; Bethlehem Festival Starts Friday | Comments
- Tom Rush, 1960s Godfather of New England Folk Music, Comes to StageOne in Fairfield Dec. 8 | Comments
- Can Governor, Mark Twain Outglow Greenwich, Woodbury, Suffield, Fairfield With Holiday Houses? | Comments
- This Season, Hartford's TheaterWorks Gives Us Christmas Cheer with a Shot of Wry | Comments
- Holiday Lights at Lake Compounce in Bristol: Dazzling Seasonal Festivities | Comments