According to a report cited in a Washington Post story, it costs $3,343 a year more for day care than for public college tuition in Connecticut.
Demonstrators took to the streets in Hartford, Stamford, Middletown, Torrington, West Haven and other Connecticut cities to bring attention to growing income inequality.
Aftermath of Massive Connecticut Fire: $3 Million in Damage, $18,000 in Overtime, 150 Firefighters, 25 Departments ...
Torrington's fire marshal said he expects to make a final ruling as early as the end of the week on the cause of the massive fire that destroyed a warehouse last week.
The UConn men became the national champions last night after they beat the Kentucky Wildcats 60-54. If the women’s team can beat Notre Dame tonight the UConn program will have another NCAA championship sweep—making them not just the only program to accomplish the feat, but also the only team to do it twice.
Just like the UConn men had converted big opportunities better than NCAA opponents, the women's team has that stat karma on its side big-time going into tonight's game.
About This Blog
- September 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Connecticut Today (398)
- Connecticut Man Faces ‘Swatting’ Charges; Fake Crises but 911 Responses | Comments
- UConn Professor Criticized for Criticizing Tom Foley, GOP Candidate for Governor | Comments
- Ex-Governor John Rowland Found Guilty of Corruption on 7 Counts | Comments
- Fighting Connecticut Food Insecurity Aided by a Delicious Fundraiser | Comments
- Connecticut Sounds Privacy Alarm on Apple Watch Health Data Features | Comments
- Human Remains Found in Vernon; Not Those of Lisa White, Girls Who Vanished in Early 70s | Comments
- PACs Pumping Money Into Connecticut Governor's Race | Comments
- Black Drivers in Connecticut Stopped by Police Disproportionately, New Study Shows | Comments
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Viewing Hotspots; Great Leaf Season Forecast | Comments
- Westport Ceremony Remembers Connecticut Victims of 9/11 | Comments