A simple Facebook page to offer inspiration and support to an ailing friend has grown into the nonprofit organization OutRUN 38, which raises money for cystic fibrosis.
McGraw Hill Chairman on Giving Norwalk Hospital $10 Million: ‘You’ve Got to Show Leadership and Step Up’
At Norwalk Hospital’s Sept. 27 gala, Harold “Terry” McGraw III, Robert McGraw and Suzanne McGraw were honored for the $10 million gift from their family foundation that will result in a new ambulatory care pavilion, the Anne P. and Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Center, at a health care facility in one of Connecticut’s most vibrant, diverse and growing cities.
Now, the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Yale-New Haven Hospital has partnered with the Guilford Art Center to create small clay hearts that are put in the memory boxes, given to all families of terminally ill patients.
Connecticut is one of the nation’s leaders in per capita rate of breast cancer—why?
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa will host its monthly Girls Night Sept. 25, complete with spa treatments and a prix fixe menu from the fine dining restaurant Fresh Salt.
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- Connecticut Cancer Survivor, 7, Named the Kindest Kid in America | Comments
- Branford Resident’s Rare Disease Inspires Push for Newborn Screening | Comments
- Connecticut Boy’s Rare Disease Inspires Sports Drink Used by NFL, Other Athletes | Comments
- Local Musicians Raise Awareness for Organ Donation in Benefit Concert | Comments
- ‘Baby Sleep Whisperer’ Has Secrets to Help Parents Love the Dark Again | Comments
- Connecticut Firefighter With ALS Gives Birth to Baby Girl | Comments
- Coping With Stress: Advice on How to Recognize and Deal With It | Comments
- 16-Week Premature Twins Faced Seemingly Insurmountable Odds to Live | Comments
- Yale-New Haven Hopsital Practices to Be Ready for a Case of Ebola | Comments
- Beauty Treatments Pamper Cancer Patients at Cut Out Cancer @ Milano | Comments