One Southbury family is working to strikeout epilepsy with their annual charity walk, Sarah & Southbury Strikeout Seizures (S4) Epilepsy Walk.
The Alzheimer’s Association dreams of a world without this debilitating, progressive disease that affects over five million Americans. It is currently the sixth leading cause of death in the U.S. Unfortunately, we’re years away from that reality. Today, there is no cure or treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, but that only drives the association to push harder for research and policy change, and to provide support to patients and their caregivers. The focus intensifies in June, which is Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month. The Connecticut chapter, whose main office recently moved to Southington and operates four other offices across the state, works to help the more than 70,000 Connecticut residents affected by Alzheimer’s. The three-pillar...
Mystic Mom 'Overwhelmed' by Governor Signing Law on ‘Stealth Virus’ That Can Catch Pregnant Women Unaware
Lisa Saunders never heard of congenital cytomegalovirus—a lot of people haven’t—and for pregnant women that lack of knowledge can be dangerous and sometimes tragic.
Griffin Hospital in Derby and New Milford Hospital completely revitalized their food programs, tossing out the fryers and bringing in the fresh produce, in an effort to improve health and wellness through nutrition.
Ten years ago, Mia Ekbergh, an artist who lives in Naugatuck, developed a bad infection in her left eye, possibly from a contaminated contact lens.
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- Greenwich Latest District to Consider Later School Start Times | Comments
- Top Dentists 2016 | Comments
- Fighting Zika From Connecticut | Comments
- Bridgeport Non-Profit Homes for the Brave Provides Help to Veterans | Comments
- The Ice Treatment Cometh: Super-Cold Cryotherapy Arrives in CT | Comments
- Connecticut Red Cross Critical in Local Disasters | Comments
- Solving Autism’s Puzzle | Comments
- Derby Company's Spring-loaded Facemask Reduces Facial Impacts for Catchers | Comments
- AIDS Project New Haven Provides Support & Prevention for Population Living with HIV | Comments
- OxyContin Was Born in Connecticut, Did it Fuel the Heroin Epidemic? | Comments