Connecticut Therapist Has 'Cure' for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Sexual Abuse Issues, Depression ...
"This paper is going to have a huge impact," said Laney Rosenzweig, adding that the information will also be distributed through the Army and Navy Times and other military publications.
"We have to go back to the arts to find healing."
Morgan Platt has never let her special circumstances stop her. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor, glioblastoma multiforme, in June 2011, and has been fighting tirelessly — with rounds of chemotherapy and radiation since her diagnosis. Despite her cancer, she is still a kid — a fourth-grader at Roaring Brook School in Avon. She loves what almost every child loves: music, dancing, crafts and friends. Throughout her treatment, Katy Perry’s song “Roar” has inspired Morgan to keep fighting. The strength she derived from Perry’s anthem inspired her to use it as the soundtrack for a Youtube video she created with the help of medical staff and fellow patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Kathy Platt said her daughter...
Lipitor and Plavix, the two most costly drugs in the database, were prescribed by Connecticut doctors to the tune of about $84 million in 2011.
“Disease-Proof: The Remarkable Truth About What Makes Us Well” (Hudson Street Press), is Dr.David Katz’s program for teaching us the skills to undo the damage we have already done to ourselves and our bodies — and to help us live happier lives in the process.
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- Baseball-Themed Family Day in Southbury Supports Epilepsy Research | Comments
- June Is Alzheimer's Awareness Month; Longest Day Event Set in Connecticut | Comments
- Mystic Mom 'Overwhelmed' by Governor Signing Law on ‘Stealth Virus’ That Can Catch Pregnant Women Unaware | Comments
- Two Connecticut Hospitals Put Fresh Food at Forefront of Wellness Initiatives | Comments
- OptiCare Prosthetic Cornea Transplant Helps 'Blind' Naugatuck Artist See Again | Comments
- Fight Against Premature Birth the Latest Campaign for the March of Dimes | Comments
- Surgical, Medication Errors Doubled at Connecticut Hospitals in 2013; Senators Address Issue | Comments
- Madison Mom’s Clothing Line Gives Independence to Her Autistic Son and Others | Comments
- Sweet Maria’s 25th Birthday Gift: Cakes to Make Smiles at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center at St. Mary’s | Comments
- “i am a MoSaic” Photography Exhibit Puts a Face on Multiple Sclerosis | Comments