'Enough to Live On: The Arts of the WPA,' a new documentary by filmmaker Michael Maglaras, marks the 80th anniversary of the WPA and will debut at the New Britain Museum of American Art on May 14.
The two-time Pulitzer Prize winner and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient is coming to The Connecticut Forum on May 9.
Nothing Says ‘Connecticut’ Like Sperry Topsiders & Safety Pins? '50 Objects' Opens May 19 at Historical Society
Is it a stretch to declare that this exhibit about Connecticut’s past and heritage will be exciting? We don’t think so. And it's certain to provoke some response; after all, if you could sum up the state through just 50 objects, what would they be? Ella Grasso’s gavel (below) ? A Sperry Topsider? The dress of the first female runner in the Manchester Road Race? A Danbury hat? Safety pins? All of those items have apparently made the cut as iconic and defining enough to be included in “Connecticut: 50 Objects/50 Stories,” which opens May 19 at the Connecticut Historical Society. “During the past three months,Connecticut residents, schools, companies and local historical societies have responded to the Connecticut Historical Society’s...
From 1933 to 1942 Camp Hadley was one of the 23 Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camps in Connecticut. And, the Madison Land Conservation Trust is working to preserve this site that otherwise could be lost forever.
In the 1970s, two Connecticut college students got an unexpected Cuban education.
About This Blog
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- History (93)
- The CT Files: The Long Strange Journey of Capt. Gray | Comments
- Historic Mayflower II Docked at Home in Plymouth, Via Mystic Seaport Restoration | Comments
- Ghosts? Paranormal Investigators Visit Hempsted Houses in New London | Comments
- The CT Files: The Dark Day | Comments
- Off the Beaten Path: The Old State House, Two-Headed Calf Included | Comments
- Art Documentary Marks 80th Anniversary of WPA, Debuts in New Britain May 14 | Comments
- David McCullough Discusses History, New Wright Brothers Book | Comments
- Nothing Says ‘Connecticut’ Like Sperry Topsiders & Safety Pins? '50 Objects' Opens May 19 at Historical Society | Comments
- Madison Preserving Civilian Conservation Corps Camp From Depression | Comments
- Connecticut Men Recall 'Adventures' in Cuban Prison Under Castro | Comments