Update your wardrobe with a few well-chosen accessories.
Madonna made corsets sexy, provocative and even a manifestation of female power. The narrative arc between the pop superstar’s iconic on-stage outfits and the rise of the corset as a body-shaping device in 16th-century Europe—with its aesthetics-enhancing squeeze being the rage in the Victorian era—makes an important stop in Connecticut, and specifically the storied Wooster Square neighborhood of New Haven.
Greenwich designer Amy Smilovik presents her fall collection at Steven Alan stores in Greenwich and Westport.
Here’s my theory and you can take it or leave it. I contend that Guy Wolff would never have become the Superstar of the Flowerpot if he had set up shop anywhere else but Litchfield County.
Bigger than Martha Stewart,Polo Ralph Lauren, Kathy Ireland Coming to Connecticut for Business Women's Forum
Her company outperforms Liz Claiborne, Tommy Bahama and Polo Ralph Lauren, and, according to a Forbes magazine cover story on this “Supermodel Supermogul,” she also outsells Martha Stewart “and she’s richer, too.” The she is former-swimsuit-model-turned-fashion-empire-entrepreneur Kathy Ireland, of course, and she’s coming to Connecticut in October to inspire other women in an event that raises funds for a Post University scholarship program. A news release Friday revealed that Ireland, CEO and chief designer of the design empire Kathy Ireland Worldwide, the 23rd most powerfully licensed brand in the world, will be the keynote luncheon speaker for the 31st annual 2013 Business Women’s Forum (BWF), Connecticut’s largest and...
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (71)
- Stylish Support for Anti-Bullying Efforts, Salvation Army in Norwich Area | Comments
- IKEA Celebrates 10 Years in New Haven With Giveaways this Weekend | Comments
- Signed Volumes Inscribed to Glenn Close Part of Huge Newtown Book Sale | Comments
- Young Entrepreneur Opens Classic Italian Barber Shop in Middletown | Comments
- Privet House Style Emporium Marks Milestone in Shops at Target Afterglow | Comments
- Home Design’s Top Names Star in Event at Mayflower Grace; ‘Muse’ Lunch | Comments
- Want Bold Home Design, Savvier Style? Connecticut Event, Shop Have It | Comments
- Beyoncé, Heidi Klum Love Spanx; Connecticut Store Opening at Westfarms | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele Wears a Connecticut Design on 'NBA Countdown' Again | Comments
- Own a Piece of Connecticut Landmark Where Bogart, Bacall, Liz Taylor Stayed | Comments