The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
Nearly 300 quilts will transform the Avon Congregational Church from a place of religious worship into a place of creative admiration this weekend. Antique and new quilts will be displayed on the walls of the sanctuary, which dates back to 1819, over the pews and balcony and in the classrooms.
About This Blog
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- September 2013
- Style & Shopping (92)
- American Crafts for the Holidays Show Opens at Guilford Art Center | Comments
- Former Pandora Executive’s New Endless Jewelry Makes Splash in Mystic | Comments
- Vintage and Handmade Style at The Haven Collective in New Haven | Comments
- Fireplaces and Stoves: What You Need to Know About Adding One to Your Home | Comments
- Initially Opposed, Guilford's 'Spaceship' Building an Iconic Landmark 30 Years Later | Comments
- Robert Couturier & 'Designing Paradises' Star at Privet House Event | Comments
- Where Does Nancy Pelosi Shop? At Stackpole Moore Tryon in Hartford | Comments
- Designer Jennifer Butler Debuts Fall Line; Fairfield Library Benefit | Comments
- Project Runway's Mondo Guerra Is Judge for Connecticut Fashion Show | Comments
- Vintage and Funky Style at New Rising Sun Boutique in Litchfield | Comments