Deborah Velasquez was recently chosen as the winner of the global carpet design competition sponsored by CarpetVista of Malmö.
Connecticut is well-represented among the million or so artisans and vendors on this increasingly popular e-commerce site. Here, we pick a few of our favorite local Etsy shops.
The brilliant design team behind Lambertson Truex, Richard Lambertson and John Truex will be offering for sale handbags and other pieces they have hand-selected from their private collection at the shop Privet House, located in the shopping haven of New Preston in the Litchfield Hills.
The fashion triple-double this season is claimed by Jean Anne Boccaccio of West Hartford—she’s parlaying an early career in law, followed by a stay-at-home-mom role, into a new narrative as a fashion designer, she just won a Connecticut “Project Runway”-style event, and that exposure has her in the process of creating a look Steele will wear for all the world to see during an ESPN on-air appearance. (Below, Sage Steele, left, with Jean Anne Boccaccio.)
Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend
While Denyse Schmidt’s premier quilts can sell at price points in the thousands of dollars, a great opportunity to purchase Schmidt’s artistry and style awaits this weekend, when she is holding her Sample Sale 2013.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (32)
- In Essex, One of Connecticut's Best Holiday House Tours Offers Glimpse of Shoreline Style | Comments
- Style Provocateur at Textiles House to Presidents, Ritz Paris, Tells Scalamandré Story in New Book | Comments
- South Windsor Potter Offers Gifts With One-of-a-Kind Style in Holiday Open Studio | Comments
- Jewelry Trunk Show Brings Small Business Saturday Sparkle to One Connecticut Village | Comments
- Brookfield Craft Center Launches Its Annual Holiday Sale of Art, Fine Crafts | Comments
- Connecticut Artist Wins Global Rug Design Competition in Sweden | Comments
- All Hail Etsy: Holiday Gift Ideas from the Web's Most Ginormous Crafts Market | Comments
- Post Tiffany & Co., Lambertson Truex Handbag Virtuosity at Privet House | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele to Show Why a Connecticut Designer (Mom) is One to Watch | Comments
- Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend | Comments