Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
Nearly 300 quilts will transform the Avon Congregational Church from a place of religious worship into a place of creative admiration this weekend. Antique and new quilts will be displayed on the walls of the sanctuary, which dates back to 1819, over the pews and balcony and in the classrooms.
Around the time Connecticut’s capital city was taking on an early-evening glow Wednesday, John S. Carusone joined Stackpole Moore Tryon owners Jody and Ron Morneault and longtime men’s clothing expert Tracy Murphy for an informal event that marked milestones in the narratives of both the store and one of its favorite clients.
Starting next Monday, Oct. 21, and running through Oct. 26, the shops at Yale are offering a special promotion in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month that will raise funds for Closer to Free.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (48)
- Westport Designer's Tunics Embody Style and a Story; From India to Harvard MBA, Career and Beyond | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele Wears Connecticut Designer's Dress on 'NBA Countdown' | Comments
- South Moon Under Brings Its Free-Spirited Fashion Sense to Westport | Comments
- Connecticut Antiques Trail to Go Statewide With New Website in April | Comments
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Designers' Exclusive Lines for Connecticut Boutique | Comments
- 'Real Housewives', Stylish Women Will Give Connecticut Jewelry Artist National Profile | Comments
- Kate Spade, Prada, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton & More at Fantasia in Old Saybrook | Comments
- Katie Fong to Have Trunk Show at Richards in Greenwich | Comments
- Diptyque Opens its First Shop in New England in Westport | Comments
- Exhibit Marks 40 Years of Wrap Dress by Von Furstenberg; Her Retreat Is in Connecticut | Comments