Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show May 9 at Connecticut Historical Society Marries Designs of Past and Present
Historical fashions act as inspiration for new looks in the Connecticut Historical Society's upcoming event, Haute History: A Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show on May 9 in Hartford.
We love Évocateur, the Connecticut-based jewelry brand whose fanciful cuffs (and everything else) are pure, beautiful artistry in motion. This is what we said in opening a September 2013 story: Katie Couric, Vogue Paris and InStyle magazine are among the internationally-branded arbiters of fashion who have discovered a unique Connecticut gem, the fine jewelry and accessories atelier Évocateur, which alchemizes artisan jewelry-making and high art to create one-of-a-kind cuffs, bangles, necklaces, pendants, earrings and belts—gilded with a proprietary “flecking” process. If you haven't yet discovered Évocateur, which is based in East Norwalk, a perfect opportunity to do so is this weekend at an Évocateur trunk show...
The American Fine Craft Show is at the XL Center in Hartford on April 24-26.
Connecticut's shopping is fabulous, and while some of it is spread out, there are also lots of target-rich environments that are also loaded with fine dining and lifestyle amenities.
Twenty years after leaving Canada and restarting her business in New York, interior designer Alexandra Champalimaud is at the top of her game.
About This Blog
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- Style & Shopping (150)
- Mother-Daughter Jewelry Designs Worn by Celebrities in Support of Local Charities | Comments
- New Luxury Guesthouse Tall Tales Sprouts up at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa | Comments
- Stepping Out: July 2016 | Comments
- Alice Washburn Awards 2016: Quaint Washington Cottage Takes Home Top Prize | Comments
- After 40 Years, New Milford's Elephant’s Trunk Flea Market Still Going Strong | Comments
- Stepping Out: June 2016 | Comments
- Stepping Out: Shakespeare in Bloom, Big Red For the Arts, Wines of March and more | Comments
- From Ground to Plate: Gardening Promotes Fresh, Seasonal Food | Comments
- Silky (and Safe) Skin by Hartford-Based Company Nzuri Gold | Comments
- We're STEPPING OUT again! | Comments