The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
Big-Box Holiday Blues? Artisans' Jewelry, Crafts in Westport, New Haven, Middletown, Guilford, Brookfield ...
These days, going out for dinner at a nice restaurant almost always means enjoying the talents of a chef who sources ingredients as locally as possible and creates menus based on seasons and micro-seasons. Why not take the same approach to holiday shopping and gift-giving.
When it comes to sourcing all manner of stylish things—whether for holiday gifts, for the home or for oneself—the tiny village of New Preston, Conn., (a section of Washington) can be perfectly described by the often co-opted and clichéd declaration that less is more.
Nearly 300 quilts will transform the Avon Congregational Church from a place of religious worship into a place of creative admiration this weekend. Antique and new quilts will be displayed on the walls of the sanctuary, which dates back to 1819, over the pews and balcony and in the classrooms.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (55)
- Own a Piece of Connecticut Landmark Where Bogart, Bacall, Liz Taylor Stayed | Comments
- Stuart Weitzman Fantasy Shoes for Sale in Greenwich 'Art & Sole' Event | Comments
- 'Trashy' Fashion Show in Hartford: Design Punch, Environmental Message | Comments
- Connecticut Designer's 'Women That Rock' Initiative Benefits Charities; Ridgefield Event in May | Comments
- New Bunny Williams Rugs for Dash & Albert: Beautiful Style That's Practical Too | Comments
- Connecticut's First Winery, Haight-Brown in Litchfield, For Sale; Want to Be a Vintner? | Comments
- Pro Athletes Rockin' Sports Apparel Line of Connecticut College Senior | Comments
- Westport Designer's Tunics Embody Style and a Story; From India to Harvard MBA, Career and Beyond | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele Wears Connecticut Designer's Dress on 'NBA Countdown' | Comments
- South Moon Under Brings Its Free-Spirited Fashion Sense to Westport | Comments