Madonna made corsets sexy, provocative and even a manifestation of female power. The narrative arc between the pop superstar’s iconic on-stage outfits and the rise of the corset as a body-shaping device in 16th-century Europe—with its aesthetics-enhancing squeeze being the rage in the Victorian era—makes an important stop in Connecticut, and specifically the storied Wooster Square neighborhood of New Haven.
Greenwich designer Amy Smilovik presents her fall collection at Steven Alan stores in Greenwich and Westport.
Here’s my theory and you can take it or leave it. I contend that Guy Wolff would never have become the Superstar of the Flowerpot if he had set up shop anywhere else but Litchfield County.
Bigger than Martha Stewart,Polo Ralph Lauren, Kathy Ireland Coming to Connecticut for Business Women's Forum
Her company outperforms Liz Claiborne, Tommy Bahama and Polo Ralph Lauren, and, according to a Forbes magazine cover story on this “Supermodel Supermogul,” she also outsells Martha Stewart “and she’s richer, too.” The she is former-swimsuit-model-turned-fashion-empire-entrepreneur Kathy Ireland, of course, and she’s coming to Connecticut in October to inspire other women in an event that raises funds for a Post University scholarship program. A news release Friday revealed that Ireland, CEO and chief designer of the design empire Kathy Ireland Worldwide, the 23rd most powerfully licensed brand in the world, will be the keynote luncheon speaker for the 31st annual 2013 Business Women’s Forum (BWF), Connecticut’s largest and...
A prime shopping district in downtown Stamford will be the venue this weekend for Arts & Crafts on Bedford, with the street closed to traffic and approximately 90 merchants offering everything from photography to jewelry and pottery to fiber arts in a festival-like atmosphere, where there will also be dining in extended sidewalk cafes.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (48)
- Westport Designer's Tunics Embody Style and a Story; From India to Harvard MBA, Career and Beyond | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele Wears Connecticut Designer's Dress on 'NBA Countdown' | Comments
- South Moon Under Brings Its Free-Spirited Fashion Sense to Westport | Comments
- Connecticut Antiques Trail to Go Statewide With New Website in April | Comments
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Designers' Exclusive Lines for Connecticut Boutique | Comments
- 'Real Housewives', Stylish Women Will Give Connecticut Jewelry Artist National Profile | Comments
- Kate Spade, Prada, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton & More at Fantasia in Old Saybrook | Comments
- Katie Fong to Have Trunk Show at Richards in Greenwich | Comments
- Diptyque Opens its First Shop in New England in Westport | Comments
- Exhibit Marks 40 Years of Wrap Dress by Von Furstenberg; Her Retreat Is in Connecticut | Comments