Denyse Schmidt's Quilts Star for Pottery Barn; 'Amazing Deals' at Her Bridgeport Studio This Weekend
While Denyse Schmidt’s premier quilts can sell at price points in the thousands of dollars, a great opportunity to purchase Schmidt’s artistry and style awaits this weekend, when she is holding her Sample Sale 2013.
Black Rock Galleries (BRG) is holding its Fall Estates Auction Nov. 10, and it will take two sessions to handle the more than 1,300 lots that gallery owners Grant Panarese and Christie Spooner have spent the last few months acquiring from area estates.
If Cinderella had a closet, it would probably look a lot like So Chic boutique. (105 Elm St. Old Saybrook; 860-388-2222) Imagine a room with crystal delicately falling from the ceiling, softly painted walls silhouetted with flowers, and beautifully adorned dresses in yummy fabrics hanging throughout. Owner Didem Arici of Branford set out to, “create an environment where people would come and feel special. The first thing in retail is to make the client happy and feel comfortable.” Originally from Turkey, Arici moved to the United States 10 years ago and worked as a visual merchandiser for several large retailers. With a professional background in landscape architecture, it was her creative eye that guided the eye-catching displays of local Lord &...
The designer is the soft-spoken, über-talented Jamaican-born designer Neville Wisdom, and if you’re a style-conscious woman—of any age or dress size—and you’ve never heard his name, read on and click on the links to Wisdom's website and Facebook page.
“People think of Scandinavian rooms as all cold and white and stark,” said Edie van Breems, who with her partner, Rhonda Eleish, has established herself as an expert on Swedish style. The partners in Eleish van Breems Ltd., based in Washington Depot, have just brought out Reflections on Swedish Interiors, their third book on Swedish décor.
About This Blog
- Style & Shopping (33)
- Holiday Gifts from a 3D Printer: MakerBot's New Greenwich Store Lets Santas Be Cutting-Edge | Comments
- In Essex, One of Connecticut's Best Holiday House Tours Offers Glimpse of Shoreline Style | Comments
- Style Provocateur at Textiles House to Presidents, Ritz Paris, Tells Scalamandré Story in New Book | Comments
- South Windsor Potter Offers Gifts With One-of-a-Kind Style in Holiday Open Studio | Comments
- Jewelry Trunk Show Brings Small Business Saturday Sparkle to One Connecticut Village | Comments
- Brookfield Craft Center Launches Its Annual Holiday Sale of Art, Fine Crafts | Comments
- Connecticut Artist Wins Global Rug Design Competition in Sweden | Comments
- All Hail Etsy: Holiday Gift Ideas from the Web's Most Ginormous Crafts Market | Comments
- Post Tiffany & Co., Lambertson Truex Handbag Virtuosity at Privet House | Comments
- ESPN's Sage Steele to Show Why a Connecticut Designer (Mom) is One to Watch | Comments