The designer swimwear label Letarte is holding its annual warehouse sale in June in Fairfield.
A charming former elementary school teacher from California has several “secret weapons” at her disposal that make Rolling River Antiques successful enough to have marked its fifth anniversary with its own brand of exuberance.
Discerning shoppers, unleash your wallets. Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods is officially open for business, which means discounts and deals at stores such as American Eagle Outfitters, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein, Coach, Fossil, Gap, H&M, J.Crew, LOFT, Michael Kors, Nike, Skechers, Steve Madden, Talbots, Tommy Hilfiger and many, many more. (See the full list of stores.) Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods celebrated its grand opening today (May 21) at 10 a.m.with an official ribbon cutting hosted by Drew and Jonathan from the hit show “Property Brothers.” Grand opening festivities will run through the weekend, and will feature personal styling sessions with a “People StyleWatch” fashion editor, a design workshop with the...
Theater legend Robert Avian is known for the unique style, class and poetic depth of his works. It is no wonder why some 40 years ago he took what was a hunting lodge that needed some tender loving care in the bucolic town of Kent, Conn., and turned it into a impeccably tasteful, idyllic retreat, one that meshes wonderfully with its natural environment. Avian, 76, a dancer, choreographer, theater producer and director, purchased what is now known as The Lodge at Flanders Mountain in the 1970s. The Tony Award-winner (choreography for ‘A Chorus Line,’ ‘Dreamgirls,’ ‘Ballroom’) quickly began a renovation of the main building, as well as several other structures on the property, and set about creating a magical manmade landscape that rivaled the...
Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show May 9 at Connecticut Historical Society Marries Designs of Past and Present
Historical fashions act as inspiration for new looks in the Connecticut Historical Society's upcoming event, Haute History: A Vintage-Inspired Fashion Show on May 9 in Hartford.
About This Blog
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- Style & Shopping (134)
- Making the Background: Artist Scott Williams Creates Unnoticed Beauty | Comments
- All Aglow: Stonehill Design Turns Antiques into Modern Treasures | Comments
- Lilywork Artisan Tiles; Connecticut Made, Internationally Inspired | Comments
- Ward Castle on Greenwich Border is Rich with History | Comments
- A Conversation with American Bridal Designer Judd Waddell | Comments
- Say No to Knockoffs: When the Wedding Dress Seems Too Good to Be True | Comments
- Fully Restored 1850s Dairy Barn Awarded Alice Washburn Honorable Mention | Comments
- Mixed and Matched Renovation in Redding Receives Honorable Mention | Comments
- Simple New Canaan Pool House Deserves Honorable Mention at Awards | Comments
- Greenwich Folly Wins Accessory Building Category, Alice Washburn Awards | Comments