Jun 5, 2012
06:54 AMDiscover Connecticut
Open House Time
This Saturday June 9 is Connecticut Open House Day, when participating art galleries, museums, theaters, shops and other attractions around the state will offer special incentives (e.g. discounted admission, refreshments, etc.) to Connecticut residents who stop by to celebrate the occasion.
Some of the opportunities available:
- Free admission to the first 100 visitors at Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport
- $10 admission from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. to Lake Compounce in Bristol
- Free admission from noon to 4 p.m. at both the Nathan Hale Homestead in Coventry and the Bush-Holley Historic Site in Greenwich
- Free tours from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. of the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam
- Children under 11 ride free all day on the Essex Steam Train & Riverboat in Essex
- Free admission all day at the Bruce Museum in Greenwich, New Britain Museum of American Art in New Britain, Timexpo Museum in Waterbury, Lyman Allyn Art Museum in New London and the Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford, among many others
- Free admission to the Butler-McCook House and Connecticut Historical Society & Museum in Hartford
- Free strawberry shortcakes for the first 100 visitors at Lyman Orchards' Apple Barrel
- Free rides on the historic Connecticut River ferries in Rocky Hill/Glastonbury and Chester/Hadlyme
- A complimentary ticket to the June 9th, 2 p.m. performance of Teddy & Alice for the first 75 visitors.
For all the details and a full list of participating venues, call (888) 282-6863 or visit ctvisit.com.Open House Time