Cranberry Pecan Dressing
|Ingredients:||1 loaf cranberry-pecan whole grain bread with oats
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 small shallots, chopped
1 stick unsalted butter
1 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 cups chicken stock
|Preparation - Directions:||1. Cut bread into cubes and toast under the broiler until golden brown.
2. Chop diced shallot and celery.
3. Plate butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
4. When melted, add celery and shallots and sauté for 3-5 minutes until softened.
5. Add sage, poultry seasoning and salt and stir.
6. Pour mixture over bread cubes.
7. Add nuts and pour 1 cup of the chicken stock over the vegetables and bread and combine. If the bread mixture is still dry, slowly add stock until bread is moist but not soaked.
8. Transfer dressing to a buttered baking dish and bake covered for 35 minutes.
9. Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 -15minutes.