1. The 2022 Best Restaurants readers survey will be open at connecticutmag.com/vote from Sept. 15, 2021, through Oct. 17, 2021. The winners will be announced in the January 2022 issue of Connecticut Magazine, and at connecticutmag.com/ on or before Jan. 1, 2022.
2. A valid email address is required to vote. Only one (1) ballot will be accepted per email address.
3. At minimum, the ballot must include votes for at least one (1) restaurant in each of at least three (3) categories to be counted.
4. Winners will be determined by most votes by County, as well as an overall Statewide Winner and Statewide Runner-up.
5. In each category, you may vote for up to three (3) restaurants. (Since winners will be determined regionally, voting for restaurants in different counties will have the greatest impact.) Votes will be weighted so that the first choice in a category counts more than the second, which in turn counts more than the third.
6. If a nominated restaurant has multiple locations, the vote will be counted toward the group as a whole, regardless of which location is selected. Multiple votes for the same restaurant, or multiple locations of the same restaurant, in a single category will not be counted and may result in disqualification of the entire ballot.
7. Submissions will be inspected for signs of fraudulent activity, such as ballot stuffing, and those that cannot be verified will be discarded.
8. To be eligible in a category based on a particular cuisine or food type ("Italian," "French," "Seafood," Vegetarian or Vegan," etc.) a restaurant's menu must have a significant emphasis on that type of food. Any restaurant that does not meet the criteria for a given category (as determined by Connecticut Magazine's editorial staff) will be disqualified.
9. Restaurants will be eligible to win an award (Statewide, Statewide Runner-up, and/or County) in no more than four (4) categories total. Wins will be awarded in the categories in which the restaurant gets the most votes; after that the award(s) will go to the next qualifying nominee(s).
10. Restaurants that are in operation during the survey period are eligible; however, in the event that a winning restaurant permanently ceases operations before the survey results are published, the editorial staff of Connecticut Magazine reserve the right to present the award to the next qualifying nominee instead.