This article originally appeared in the August 1990 issue of Connecticut Magazine.
Get the best of Connecticut Magazine
…delivered straight to your inbox.
Enter your email to receive our free weekly newsletter:
- Best Restaurants: Readers’ Choice Survey 2022
- Soul food, vegan delights, new pizzerias and more new Connecticut restaurants
- Chef Danilo Mongillo reopens Strega, bringing his across-the-Atlantic delights to Milford
- A Nantucket brewery brings beachy vibes to southern Connecticut
- Never Ending Books, New Haven’s quirky hangout, keeps going thanks to a team of longtime devotees
- Best of Connecticut 2021
- Who is Dan Lufkin? Founding Connecticut Magazine was just one chapter in his incredible life story
- In her new novel 'No One Will Miss Her,' Norwalk’s Kat Rosenfield delivers a tantalizing psychological mystery